Our designers contribute to the entire product lifecycle, from problem validation and UX research, to UX/UI design and development, testing, and iteration.
We are looking for creative and rigorous thinkers who can create elegant and intuitive interfaces that honor and engage users. We especially value communication, openness, and collaboration.
Every Day, You Will...
- Assist with UX research through interviews and testing
- Contribute to devising design solutions
- Create low and high fidelity prototypes
- Create UX documentation: user journeys, interaction flows, wireframes, motion and transitions
- Execute UX and Visual design in coordination with creative directors, developers, producers
- Document comprehensive design systems
- Deliver design specs and assets to developers
- Articulate and defend design decisions
- Track industry trends and best practices
- Contribute to improving internal processes
All Candidates Should Have
- 2+ years of experience in UI/UX design, preferably servicing clients
- Experience with design tools, such as Sketch, Illustrator, etc.
- Experience with prototyping tools, such as Invision, Framer, etc.
- Basic illustration skills
- Ability to work quickly in multiple streams and consistently deliver high quality work
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
Ideal Candidates Will Have
- Mobile-specific (iOS, Android, web) design experience
- Experience working in sprints on Agile teams
- A strategic outlook and product sensibility
- Basic understanding of code, or willingness to learn
- Inexhaustible curiosity, empathy, and drive to learn and grow
How To Apply
Send us your CV along with a cover email letting us know why you think you will be a good fit for Small Planet.
About Small Planet
Small Planet Digital is an award-winning company of developers, designers, and producers in Brooklyn, New York. We make chart-topping apps for Disney, Planned Parenthood, Oakley, Girls Who Code, FanDuel and the NBA, Aetna, and more.