This is a full-time, contract position that will last at least 2-3 months, with the potential for permanent employment. The position will be entirely remote, but you should be prepared to work East Coast business hours.
The right candidate will have extensive experience leading design on major website builds. You will be working closely with our designers, product managers, and developers, as well as the client design team, in an Agile environment to build out design and functionality for an e-commerce site. You should be prepared to quickly assess our existing process and requirements in order to jump right in.
Candidates Must Have
- An online portfolio
- 5+ years of experience designing and prototyping websites
- Fluency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Invision
- Familiarity and comfort editing (but not creating) code: HTML / CSS / JS
- Attention to detail, especially during design QA
- Ability to work quickly and precisely
- Clear communication skills
- Experience collaborating closely with developers, as well as other designers
- Ability to articulate and defend design rationale
- Problem-solving and delivery-oriented mindset
- Familiarity with Shopify, Github, Figma, Miro, Jira
- High fidelity prototyping with Hype, Principle, and/or Framer, etc.
- Empathy, patience, humor
In addition to your resumé and portfolio link, please include a cover email letting us know why you'd be a good fit for us here at Small Planet.
Again, we’re looking for a full-time, remote designer to join our team on a contract basis for at least 2 to 3 months.
We’ve built a work culture that is deeply collaborative and hard-working, but also supportive and friendly. We truly respect the work-life balance, which can be a challenge (now more than ever).
Small Planet also strives to support a more inclusive, safe, and diverse world. Our core values propel us to foster as inclusive a work environment as possible, support organizations that advocate for social justice and diversity, and ensure that accessibility and inclusivity are essential to our product development and design.
How To Apply
Send us your CV along with a cover email letting us know why you think you will be a good fit for Small Planet.
About Small Planet
Small Planet Digital is an award-winning company of developers, designers, and producers in Brooklyn, New York. We make chart-topping apps for Disney, Planned Parenthood, Oakley, Girls Who Code, FanDuel and the NBA, Aetna, and more.