About The Role
Small Planet is looking for a creative director to help us design world-class digital products and to lead and inspire product design teams, collaborate closely with our developers and product managers, build client relationships, and work with senior management to further our strategic goals.
As a UI/UX designer, you will have a sparkling portfolio of digital products, including websites and natively coded mobile applications, that have launched successfully. In addition, you will have:
- A strong aesthetic and design POV
- Fluency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Invision
- Inclination to prototype early and often, from paper to high-fidelity
- Familiarity with editing code (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Direct experience conducting and directing UX research and testing
- Knowledge of design trends and best practices
- Basic illustration skills
Opportunity and Strategy
As a manager, you will oversee and mentor other designers on product teams, taking responsibility for the overall design output while providing opportunities for designers to learn and grow.
As a leader and strategic thinker, you will continuously seek opportunities for the design department to contribute to company practices and goals. You will identify and develop new business opportunities. Additionally, you will be active in the design community — writing, presenting, critiquing, and volunteering when possible.
- 7+ years of experience as a working digital designer
- 3+ years of experience managing teams
- Client services experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively
- Ability to frame, articulate, and defend design rationale, both internally and externally
- Extreme bias for problem-solving and action
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Familiarity with Figma, Miro, After Effects, Shopify
- Proficiency in coding
- Degree in design, or related field
- Knowledge of branding and visual identity
- Optimism, empathy, patience, humor
About Small Planet
Small Planet makes world-class digital products for some of the world’s leading brands and organizations. From Warner Bros and FanDuel to Planned Parenthood and Voto Latino, we create meaningful user experiences that drive business success.
We’ve built a work culture that is deeply collaborative and hard-working, but also supportive and friendly. We truly respect a work-life balance, which can be a challenge (now more than ever).
Small Planet also strives to support a more inclusive, safe, and diverse world. Our core values propel us to foster an inclusive work environment, support organizations that advocate for social justice and diversity, and ensure that accessibility and inclusivity are reflected in the work we create.
How To Apply
Send us your CV along with a cover email letting us know why you think you will be a good fit for Small Planet.
About Small Planet
Small Planet Digital is an award-winning company of developers, designers, and producers in Brooklyn, New York. We make chart-topping apps for Disney, Planned Parenthood, Oakley, Girls Who Code, FanDuel and the NBA, Aetna, and more.